During your POC on Horizon View you may come across a situation where in, your view connection server FQDN address fails to resolve the IP address when you access it from a client device outside of your lab network.
The View Connection Server authentication failed. The server name ‘ https:// VIEW.example.com : 443 ‘ could not be resolved. The “External URL” setting on the View Connection Server may not be set correctly.
This happens when your Lab setup and/or environment is isolated from your corporate LAN network. Your lab name resolution may work ONLY within your lab network (subnet).
OR, when your lab setup does not have WINS server (Name resolution) mechanism in-place.
As you can see in the error, it clearly states that the FQDN of the View Connection Server (https:// VIEW.example.com : 443) does not resolve its associated IP address. And kudos to view team, that the hint/clue to the this issue is also mentioned in the error. (The “External URL” setting on the view connection server may not be set correctly) –> this means that you need to modify the External URL setting of your View Connection Server.
Below are the quick steps:
- Go to your Horizon View Administrator console (https:// VIEW.example.com )
- On the homepage, Expand View Configuration
- Click on Servers
- Highlight the Connection server on the right panel
- Click Edit..
- Under General tab
- Section: HTTP(S) Secure Tunnel > External URL, replace the FQDN with the IP address of your View Connection Server.
- Section: Blast Secure Gateway > Blast External URL, replace the FQDN with the IP address of your View Connection Server.
- Click OK.
- To verify, go to any client device outside of your Lab (view environment) network, and connect to your View environment using View Client and/or HTML Access (Blast). It should work!